Thursday, January 22, 2009

Round Motifs

I finished my red, white & black cardigan. Final pics will be loaded after I get someone to take pictures of me in it. So, I move on other projects.

ROUND MOTIFS: I found this really cool top in an old CROCHET! mag. It's a very skimpy halter top that I would never wear but the motifs can be used to make something I would wear.
This pattern is so pretty. I know they probably look like hexagons but they are not. The pattern reads:
Rnd 1: Ch 4, 15 dc in the 4th ch from hook, join with a sl st in 4th ch of beg ch-4. (16 dc) (I choose to use the magic ring for a tighter close in the center).
Rnd 2: Ch 3, 2 dc in next st [dc in next st, 2 dc in next st] around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-3. Fasten off. (24 dc)
It says to make 30 motifs, arrange motifs and sl st them together.
My question: How do I join round motifs. I have never done any work with motifs before so... help is needed on this one. Squares, I don't see a problem. Hexagons, I don't see a problem. But round; don't quite get it yet so I can't go shopping for yarn. :(

I had to take my car in for service this morning, freaking up because the engine light was on. Guess how much it cost (drum roll please) NOTHING!!!! it was something to do with the thermostat but it was covered under warranty. What a relief!! I took my travel supplies with me, yarn and hook, and I made a very nice hat while I waited. All thanks to Dot http://patternsbydot.blogspot.com/2005/11/bobble-beauty.html

This hat was very quick and simple. It calls for two rows of bobbles. I think if I make another one I'll add another row or two of bobbles.







Keep stitchin'

No comments: