Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Every top needs a bottom

What goes better with a top than a bottom? The only
thing I could think of is a nice skirt to go with the
sweater that came out so well. I think top down crochet is definitely becoming a fav of mine.
To complete this skirt I used BLO sc to give lots of stretch in the waist. After wearing it one time I do believe I will still have to add a bit of elastic to the waist because the fabric is going to stretch it a bit; I do not want a wardrobe malfunction!
After completing the waist I used single crochet across edges of the single crochet increasing to fit my hips for a few inches. Once the width was satisfactory I switched back to the shell stitch that I used on the bottom portion of the top until I was happy with the length.
I got lots of compliments on my finished product!!


Keep stitchin'

No comments: