Sunday, May 17, 2009

Green & Fingerless

I am part of the Green Team on my job and we were asked to contribute some 'green facts' for an upcoming breakfast/fashion show we are having next month. What better way for me to talk about going green then to create some knit/crochet items using eco yarns and recycled sweaters. I'm using a skein of Simply Soft Eco to knit a pair of fingerless mitts found on ravelry. The designer claims these mitts to be easy and fast. So far they are living up to the name. I have not knitted in years, more than five, and I am having so much fun I have toss my latest wip aside, I will get back to crochet later. I thought I would have a problem with knitting but it is going so smooth and easy. After using crochet hook and working through the pain and cramping I am now ready for some serious knitting. If I am not careful I will end up frogging my sweater when all I have left to do is finish the edges and weave my ends.



I finished my mitts!! Wow, what a quick and easy project.


Keep stitchin'

No comments: