Saturday, September 26, 2009

Getting back into the swing...needle?

So, I in my kitchen cooking and got a good look at my dishcloth. DON'T EVEN ASK FOR DETAILS. Needless to say, I should get new ones, now! Since I already have a few Lily's Sugar & Cream in the house I went to ravelry to find a simple pattern. I found the cutest little cloth called Chinese Waves. It's so easy to follow, has great texture and works up easy. The pattern is available on the designer's website. I want to make a set to use as face cloths too.

I have also been working out the details for this knitted skirt called Sidewinder. It has short rows that I expected to be challenging but so easy. The I-cord that separates each gore isn't that hard either, bit tiresome, but not difficult at all. Not having the yarn I'd like to make the skirt gave me a chance to get comfortable with the pattern and know I will have one awesome skirt when I am ready to begin.












Keep stitchin'

2 comments:

Sheila said...

That skirt is awesome... looking forward to your version.

Melodye said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog. That's sock yarn and it tends to be more expensive, but there are also in excess of 400 yards in the skein. I don't make socks but thought I'd try to use this yarn for a baby sweater. There's loads more less expensive yarn. Some around $6.50 a skein. Do stop and take a loot, you may be pleasantly surprised.