Saturday, October 3, 2009

Colours in Randallstown

After hearing about the a yarn shop in Randallstown I had to go check it out. So today I popped in for a visit. What a nice place!










The owner Thelma greeted me with a smile that made me feel at home right away. The shelves were stacked neatly with lots of colors. There were comfy sofas and chairs to sit and stitch. Thelma has classes too! I had opportunity to watch her in action. A young girl, about 11ish or so came in with Mommy so she could learn more about knitting. Thelma sat her at the table and patiently worked with her. I am so excited for her and can't wait to see her finished scarf. She will making something with cables for the first time...awwwww So anyone in the area that never took a class because it was too far, can't use that one anymore. Thelma knits and crochets so she's got you covered what ever your talent. Oh, in the back she has an area where you can wind your own yarn instead of fighting with hanks!










Some of the work displayed around the shop is beautiful. There's a mannequin at the front door wearing a lovely jacket that I would really like to make. I stayed for quite some time browsing through books and trying to decide what yarn to buy. Mostly Noro and Cascade but lots and lots of color choices and weights. I can't wait to go back again. Hope to see you there.






















Keep stitchin'

1 comment:

Melodye said...

Glad you got there and even happier that you liked it. Thelma's great. Hope to see you there!