Sunday, January 10, 2010

Organizing for the new year

With the start of the new year, out with the old and in with the new and all the crap, I decided to attempt to organize my stash and other things in my life as well. I have a storage locker that I need to empty, get back on track with my weight loss, a husband to divorce (yeah me!!!) and a corner/spot in my house loaded with boxes and bags of yarn that needs help. I really got tired of looking at this sad corner. I keep saying corner but it's not even a corner, just a spot next to the sofa that's starting to grow like the blob.



















So new year new me, I went to my locker to find storage containers. I decided whatever was in the bins could go unless it is really really important. Low and behold! What have we here! I found a container that had a couple of garments and yarn, more yarn for my stash! So true to my word I threw out the garments since I didn't find them suitable for Goodwill and rescued the yarn. This one container certainly wont hold all my stash but it will make a big difference. Then I can go back later and get another nice big one and empty that one too. I love it, killing two birds with one stone. And with a new baby coming into the family I have yarn to start a blanket without spending money. What's in the stash, 4 one pounders; 3 aran/off white and one baby mint. I know that's more than enough to make a really nice baby afghan. There is also 4 skeins of bright & lofty to make something special as well and a couple of other miscellaneous skeins to put to good use.
























Another find during my cleaning/organizing was these really cool people buttons. These buttons were on an African top that I threw out, there was no way I was going to waste the buttons. Don't know yet what I'm going to do with them but I will come up with something.

























Well time to get organizing.


Keep stitchin'

No comments: