Monday, July 5, 2010

PC fading fast!!!

My computer is dying! I can hardly do anything without getting a message that I'm out of memory. I don't know much of anything about hardware so this made no sense to me. Every time I looked at my C-drive it showed that it's less than half full. Now I'm starting to get the difference between storage space and random access space. So, what's the solution? http://www.tigerdirect.com/ This site has some decent, by decent I mean affordable, prices and product reviews. Most importantly I trust this site because the IT techs on my job order supplies for our office from them. You know if your job trust them they must be ok. My job has ordered everything from computers to keyboards to monitors to external drives from them so I know I've got a winner. I myself ordered an external drive from them and I have had no trouble what so ever with it, I also ordered a mouse for my laptop from them in the past.
So anyway, I just order a 1 gig memory card/slot/thingy from them which should definitely speed up my pc. I am not a gamer and I hadn't downloaded music in quite some time. I just like being able to watch a movie and maybe pay a bill at the same time, use my webcam and share photos at the same time...ordinary stuff.
So, it's supposed to take 3-5 business days so I expect to have it by the end of the week, next Monday at the latest. It's supposed to be extremely easy to install and get me running so we'll see.

July 10, 2010
PC update:
My 1 gig of memory arrived by mail on Thursday so we're talking a 3-day turn around. It came by regular postal service so I had to wait until Friday to pick it up for the post office. Installation seemed easy enough but my pc would not function properly. I called tigerdirect and the tech suggested take out the two orginal 128 mb's that were in the pc. Once I removed them and put the new 1G in it's place she is popping like popcorn baby! I can open three or four pages on the net at the same time. I have no trouble uploading my pics. I haven't tried a netflix movie yet but I don't anticipate any problems there either.
So two thumbs up to www.tigerdirect.com.

Keep stitchin'