Friday, January 28, 2011

Lanesplitter done!

I finished my skirt and it came out wonderfully!!! I can definitely see myself making another one of these in a better quality yarn such as the Noro that Tina used to make the skirt. This acrylic tend to fuzz up and look knida kinky but I think I'm really going to like that. I think it will give lots of character to the skirt. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few shots of me wearing the skirt added shortly.












I have some beautiful options for blouses to wear with this skirt! My colors choices are many.

****************************************
So as promised I have a couple of photos I attempted to take of me wearing the skirt. I used the self timer feature on the camera and tried to show my 'good side'.

Making this skirt was a very easy, it did not require a lot of concentration but you do have to remember the increases. Then once you've gotten used to that and moved on to the straight portion then you have to remember the decreases. I'm happy to say I didn't have to rip any rows because of forgetting the pattern or forgetting to switch yarns. This pattern definitely gets two thumbs up!!


Keep stitchin'

2 comments:

essiewb said...

Thanks for modeling the skirt. It looks very attractive. The colors you chose are nice. Even when the book uses plus size models, it's hard to picture the garments on one of us "regular" gals.

Unknown said...

You're very welcome! This is the reason I try to post pics of my garments. If I find that my size is not made for my body type, I hope to spare someone else the same wasted time. Likewise, if it's flattering for my body type, I definitely want us 'normal' girls to work it!