Thursday, December 26, 2013

3.14159

For those who don't know, 3.14159 is Pi.  I have made a couple of shawl and find that knitting lace shawls is a lot of fun and produces beautiful pieces. After creating several shawls, following someone else's instructions it was time to do my own thing.
I'm using Elizabeth Zimmermann's pithy instructions for creating a circular shawl based on pi.  I pulled out some of my stitch books to find my own patterns and got to work.  I've found a couple of diamond and leaf patterns that are pretty and pretty easy to follow. It's slow but steady work watching it develop. 
The first pis shows the color the  best but the pattern shows very well.  I'm up to 576 sts now and have started repeating the patterns I chose rather looking for new patterns.  I want the shawl to be bigger than the ship wreck shawl so I'm focused on just clicking away.
I actually started on this shawl December 5th, it sure seems not I have been working on it so much longer.  Hopefully I will finish this up next month.  Blocking is going to be really hard, my apartment does not have the floor space.  I saw a pic where someone had blocked something vertically, I think that's what I'm gonna have to do. 




Keep stitchin'

No comments: