Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cabin fever goosebumps

I feel like I have an extended holiday.  I'm starting to get a little stir crazy being stuck in the house with no one to look at but myself.  Fortunately I have lots and lots of yarn to keep me company.
I've spent the extra days off, thanks to the snow storm, knitting warm hats and cowls.
The green set has a quite befitting name - Cabin Fever.  It's made from JoAnn's exclusive brand Sensations, the yarn is called Sumptuous.  I had to use size 17 needles to make it.  It took less than a skein for the hat and less than a skein for the cowl.  I used two separate skeins because I didn't want to have to tie off in the middle of my project.  The yarn is super bulky and making a clean join would not have been easy. I used moss/seed stitch to give it some texture.


The purple hat is called Purple Goosebumps.  I actually made a small bump by accident and like it.  They say that a mistake repeated becomes a pattern so I searched my books and chose I bobble that I liked.  The hat is made with a yarn if got from smilelysyarns.com.  It's one of those thick/thin yarns so really didn't know what to do with it; it's perfect for hats and cowls.  I used size 9 needles to make this one.  

Both of these project were pretty quick and very easy.  I don't like being a slave to patterns so it feels good to call these my own.




No comments: