Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm joining a CAL!!!

I am so excited. I DOING A CROCHET ALONG!!
I have read other blogs and boards where people have talked about doing CAL's and wanted to do one myself. Finally, after searching around I found one on the Lion Brand website.
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60617AD.html?noImages=
I really like this jacket, it has a great texture rather than just plain sc or dc. I'm not crazy about doing a jacket in pieces, I grown accustomed to doing seamless top down. I don't think I'll be using the cashmere blend yarn that Lion Brand suggest for this pattern either. I looked at the section on yarn substitutions and found that Vanna's Choice and Pound of Love fit my budget much better. Another sub is Glitterspun...oh that may be fun!
So, I'll be off the Joann's this weekend to get ready. It start next Thursday 3/12 so if you want join in, get ready.

Keep stitchin'

4 comments:

T. Joi said...

I am going to join this one. I purchased some mustard colored Vanna's Choice to make a sweater to match a purse (a gift). Now I have found the jacket to go with it. Thanks for the heads up...

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're joining in! Are you as excited as I am? Is this your first CAL?

T. Joi said...

So, I went to go join and I couldn't find the link to the CAL. Please guide me. I printed the pattern, I have the yarn. I am ready...

Unknown said...

This is my first CAL so I'm just trying to follow along. On the Lion Brand website, in their NOTEBOOK, you can link up to their blog. There is also a link to Ravelry and Flickr. It says something about the moderator posting on the 13th. I think that's so everyone get their yarn and be ready to start. After that, I have to wait and see what to do next because I have no idea.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lionbrandcal/

http://blog.lionbrand.com/

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/lion-brand-moderne-jacket-crochet-along

Above are the links to the flickr group, lion brand notebook and the ravelry group. Just join up with them and we'll play it by ear.