Sunday, March 22, 2009

Broomstick Lace

I signed up for the broomstick lace class with Kim Guzman on crochetville. I expected much difficulty but it was so easy. I bought the size 50 knitting needles, they are humongous! No problem there either. But then it's not the same as knitting with them. I chose to make the scarf rather than a shawl. I didn't want to put pressure on myself and fail another project. Instead, I am looking forward to making another one for this winter. I plan to use a lighter weight yarn so that it's more for dress than for warmth.
I would love to work this up in a light weight varigated yarn for spring/summer. Maybe Paton's Grace would be really good. I just figure out the best size needle to use.

















Broomstick and Hairpin lace are two forms of crochet I've always wanted to learn. Well, I have one down, one to go!

Keep stitchin'

1 comment:

T. Joi said...

Good job!!! I am still working on my scarf that I started last month. I just decided last night that I need to complete my WIP before I start anything else. Wish me luck.

Happy Hooking...